Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Chinatown" in Miami 101

Miami is one the few places in the U.S. that does not have a "Chinatown-Chinatown". There's not central area of "Asian" stuff to call "Chinatown". It's sad. I've lived here for over 13 years and have to drive so far for a decent Asian Market.

Everything in Miami is so spread out. To get to my favorite Japanese restaurant, Hiro's Yakko-San, I have to drive about 45 minutes north to North Miami Beach. On top of that, the big markets where I can get all my Chinese ingredients is about.... an hour drive north from my house. Normally, a trip up north takes about a day with shopping and dinner at my favorite places.

Here are some restaurants that I will be blogging about real soon.
Pho Thang (Vietnamese) 9539 SW 160 ST
Hiro's Yakko-San (Japanese) 3881 NE 163 ST
Chang's (Chinese) 2404 SW 107 AVE
R.O.K. (Korean) 4954 North University Drive
Tani Thai (Thai) 12269 S Dixie Hwy

These are a few of my favorite places to eat!! If you're around these areas, you must try it out!!

Reviews are coming real soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment